cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Help required in Mechanica

NiloyGuha
6-Contributor

Help required in Mechanica

Hi Gurus,

My client has a requirement of analyzing a small structure, measuring around 2000mm X 400mm. The structure is subjected to vibrations along the X & Y axes. Also, loads are applied on top of the structure. What process should I follow to determine the impact of these forces (static forces & vibration) on the structure. The client has given us a Dynamic Force value as an input. While the static forces obviously dont pose any problem, I am more inclined to know the procedure for getting the vibration part defined properly. Do I need to do a modal analysis followed by some other test? Please help! I will post the summary once I get the answers from you guys.

TIA,
Niloy Guha
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
NiloyGuha
6-Contributor
(To:NiloyGuha)

Hi Gurus,

My client has a requirement of analyzing a small structure, measuring around
2000mm X 400mm. The structure is subjected to vibrations along the X & Y
axes. Also, loads are applied on top of the structure. What process should I
follow to determine the impact of these forces (static forces & vibration)
on the structure? The client has given us a Dynamic Force value as an input.
While the static forces obviously don't pose any problem, I am more inclined
to know the procedure for getting the vibration part defined properly. Do I
need to do a modal analysis followed by some other test?

Please help! I will post the summary once I get the answers from you guys.

TIA,

Niloy Guha

Top Tags