cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Help trying to find standard & Commands in a Drawing Format

amorales
1-Newbie

Help trying to find standard & Commands in a Drawing Format

Hello,

I am trying to find if there is a list of & commands when using a format.

****Found it after looking at other discussions: Help Center > parameters for drawings.

A 2nd question is how to have the Revsion automatically be filled in on the second sheet when it is set on the first sheet?

Or for that matter any text that is on the first sheet to the 2nd sheet such as the Title block information?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Anthony

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anthony,

I am going to assume that you are not using Windchill to manage your parts. That being the case, the easiest way to have your information automatically fill in in the title blocks on your drawings would be to set up a set of custom parameters to cover the information you want to repeat, then create custom drawing formats (either built from the ground-up or based on the existing PTC formats) that will call your custom paramters in the cells of the title block. This way, when you create a new drawing, you would just need to fill in the appropriate paramters and your information will automatically be added to the title block. Just remember, Creo will automtically assume you are trying to pull the parameter from the model unless you add :d to the end of the parameter.

There should be pleanty of information on this topic in the help files for Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anthony,

I am going to assume that you are not using Windchill to manage your parts. That being the case, the easiest way to have your information automatically fill in in the title blocks on your drawings would be to set up a set of custom parameters to cover the information you want to repeat, then create custom drawing formats (either built from the ground-up or based on the existing PTC formats) that will call your custom paramters in the cells of the title block. This way, when you create a new drawing, you would just need to fill in the appropriate paramters and your information will automatically be added to the title block. Just remember, Creo will automtically assume you are trying to pull the parameter from the model unless you add :d to the end of the parameter.

There should be pleanty of information on this topic in the help files for Creo.

Thank you for the reply. I found it shortly after posting. Thanks for the info on the :d

****Found it after looking at other discussions: Help Center > parameters for drawings

Top Tags