cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Help with tolerances and draws quotes [solved]

DavideGalli
1-Newbie

Help with tolerances and draws quotes [solved]

Hello,

I'm a really new new user to Pro/e and I'm having some difficulties, expecially because i't difficult to find some good tutorial!

I'm modeling a metal plane plate and i'm trying to give the tolerance H7 to hole normal to the surface and throw the whole surface.

I'm using Wildfire5, and i try to do insert -> note -> geometric torances

then i'm lost

Can you tell me the guidelines to do that or even better can you post to me a link to a tutorial?

Second point is to show the quote of the part in the draw mode.

Do i really have to quote again everything or there is a way to show the already existing quotes?

Thank you very much in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave,

When in Drawing mode you should be able to select the dimension and right-click "Properties". I've only used WF5 a little, but I doubt that functionality has changed. Once in there you can apply your size tolerances.

If the dimension is a "shown" dimension (from the model) the tolerance will be applied to the part too. If it is a "created" dimension, the tolerance will not be parametric to the part.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Okay, first - Geometric Tolerances applies to things like parallelism, concentricity, runout, and similar. What you want to do is apply a size tolerance, which is different.

I am going to have to assume you are in Drawing mode, not Part mode.

So, in Drawing mode do Insert>Dimension>New References and select the circle TWICE for diameter (ONCE will make the radius dim). Place the dimension, and then select the dimension and right-click "Properties". In the Dimension Properties window, set the upper and lower tolerances to whatever H7 is (Pro/E does not do this for you) and then change the tolerance mode from Nominal to either Limits or Plus-Minus (or whichever method you prefer).

These instructions are for WF4, but should not be much different for 5.

Good luck.

Thank you Peter.

I wanted to apply a size tolerance, either on Part and on Drawing mode.

For the Drawing mode i couldn't found anything because WF5 seems to be very different from the previous versions...

And for the part too

It's really frustrating to have so many difficulties to do a so silly thing...

WF5 (i just tryed this version) is a really good software, i really like it BUT the help is really horrible compared to other industrial softwares!

Dave,

When in Drawing mode you should be able to select the dimension and right-click "Properties". I've only used WF5 a little, but I doubt that functionality has changed. Once in there you can apply your size tolerances.

If the dimension is a "shown" dimension (from the model) the tolerance will be applied to the part too. If it is a "created" dimension, the tolerance will not be parametric to the part.

yess! it works!

thank's so much Peter!

Top Tags