cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with tolerances and draws quotes [solved]

SOLVED

Help with tolerances and draws quotes [solved]

Hello,

I'm a really new new user to Pro/e and I'm having some difficulties, expecially because i't difficult to find some good tutorial!

I'm modeling a metal plane plate and i'm trying to give the tolerance H7 to hole normal to the surface and throw the whole surface.

I'm using Wildfire5, and i try to do insert -> note -> geometric torances

then i'm lost

Can you tell me the guidelines to do that or even better can you post to me a link to a tutorial?

Second point is to show the quote of the part in the draw mode.

Do i really have to quote again everything or there is a way to show the already existing quotes?

Thank you very much in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help with tolerances and draws quote

Dave,

When in Drawing mode you should be able to select the dimension and right-click "Properties". I've only used WF5 a little, but I doubt that functionality has changed. Once in there you can apply your size tolerances.

If the dimension is a "shown" dimension (from the model) the tolerance will be applied to the part too. If it is a "created" dimension, the tolerance will not be parametric to the part.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Okay, first - Geometric Tolerances applies to things like parallelism, concentricity, runout, and similar. What you want to do is apply a size tolerance, which is different.

I am going to have to assume you are in Drawing mode, not Part mode.

So, in Drawing mode do Insert>Dimension>New References and select the circle TWICE for diameter (ONCE will make the radius dim). Place the dimension, and then select the dimension and right-click "Properties". In the Dimension Properties window, set the upper and lower tolerances to whatever H7 is (Pro/E does not do this for you) and then change the tolerance mode from Nominal to either Limits or Plus-Minus (or whichever method you prefer).

These instructions are for WF4, but should not be much different for 5.

Good luck.

Thank you Peter.

I wanted to apply a size tolerance, either on Part and on Drawing mode.

For the Drawing mode i couldn't found anything because WF5 seems to be very different from the previous versions...

And for the part too

It's really frustrating to have so many difficulties to do a so silly thing...

WF5 (i just tryed this version) is a really good software, i really like it BUT the help is really horrible compared to other industrial softwares!

Dave,

When in Drawing mode you should be able to select the dimension and right-click "Properties". I've only used WF5 a little, but I doubt that functionality has changed. Once in there you can apply your size tolerances.

If the dimension is a "shown" dimension (from the model) the tolerance will be applied to the part too. If it is a "created" dimension, the tolerance will not be parametric to the part.

View solution in original post

yess! it works!

thank's so much Peter!

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!