cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Hi, it's possible open a catia file and save it without any kind of editing

bragini
10-Marble

Hi, it's possible open a catia file and save it without any kind of editing

Hi, my question is:

action sequence : Using Unite Technologies it's possible open a catia v5 file, don.t make any kind of editing, save it as catia file .

goal : when i open it again in catia have the feature tree again.

thanks a lot for your help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:bragini)

9 REPLIES 9
bduncan
15-Moonstone

NOT POSSIBLE

bragini
10-Marble
(To:bduncan)

I also thought it was impossible, but I was hoping never edit the file there was any possibility.

Thank a lot Bye Bye BLU

bduncan
15-Moonstone

MAYBE the futrue version of Creo

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Hi Fabio,

If you add your CATIA part to CREO assembly and save assembly without changes to that part you can still open it in CATIA and have your features.

Why would you save your CATIA part if there was no changes to it??

Hi Davor

it's right i've not  needs to save the part .

i've to save the assembly in my windchill databese then checked out the catia v5 part and open it with into catia. I've not a licence of catia and i wasn't sure if the catia part has all featur again.

Thank a lot for your attention

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Actually even if you make changes to part it will remain with its features in its native software. When you make changes to CATIA part CREO asks you if you want to convert part to creo part or no.

Anyway you choose he will use data from CATIA part and keep changes in separate CREO file. So you can still open your CATIA file with its features.

But if you want to save that part with changes to CATIA format if wont open it in CATIA with any features.

thanks a lot Davor , all you write in your answer is true even if i save the file in a windchill database?

Even if i don't have workgroup manager for catia?

regards Fabio

Hi Davor , i think the answer is this:

Non-PTC Creo models can only be retrieved from the primary server

• Open is grayed out in a linked session to prevent uploading 3rd party application objects from a Creo Parametric session
  • All 3rd-party objects should be uploaded via the Workgroup Manager
  • Uploaded 3rd-party files may be opened in a linked session
  • Local 3rd-party files may be opened in an unlinked session

so without Workgroup Manager it's not possible save a non-PTC models with his history because it's only possible use import command.

regards

Fabio

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

So without Workgroup Manager you wont be able to update those 3rd party files you used for import if you get newer versions of them. Good to know.

Top Tags