cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Hide cosmetics in drw

jalonso-2
1-Newbie

Hide cosmetics in drw

Hi, I am using Creo 2.0 and I would like to know how hide cosmetic that not belong to the section. See the attachment.

Thanks!!

cosmetics.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

This problem seems to be pervasive in local section views. I also have this issue when I do 3D extrude cuts in assembly mode (which I use a lot for presentations).

The problem is worst when you want to show one cosmetic thread in the drawing and there are a lot in the foreground of the local section. There are a lot of conversations about hidden line removal settings and I have not found one that works for me. Point is, I have one valid thread to show and many that are persistent and do not follow the section selection.

Quick method is to sketch a line across the features of the cosmetics. Highlight the view, right mouse button, "erase cosmetics". Done. You now have a sketch representing the thread you want. Of course, if you do have valid threads in the background (as opposed to foreground) and you have "hidden" display state selected, not you have more to think about.

The next method is something I have pretty much adopted for all threaded parts: Put them on a "hide_me" layer. Now I can globally turn of the cosmetics where they are not needed. This is a model layer and does not really help in drawings other than the fact that you can select them using the drawing layer dialog. Again, this model layer is more for access at the assembly level.

In the drawing, you can now assign drawing specific layers. If you want, you can put every thread on its own layer if you need that level of control. What is nice about this is that now you can activate a view's layer status and then turn off whatever thread you want to not show.

In the image below, you will see a hide_me layer with all quilts created and shown in the part. I also created a drawing layer show_me and hide_me. I have the view layer status selected (Right 4) and I am using the drawing layers to hide the "afflicting quilt F11".

Again, for your purposes, it is only a problem with local sections and maybe a few other types of sections (offset?). It takes a little work to isolate the offenders and it is not something that should be an issue on every drawing. However, when the problem does show up, it is really difficult to come up with a consistent plan on how to deal with it, and further more, how to sustain these issues when someone else has to update your drawing. There is nothing automatic here! Your drafters will have to be aware as to what happens and how it should be handled. often times, it is simply a drafting oversight and perpetuated into many revisions making for a really messy, unprofessional drawing in the longrun. Adopting a consistent process to manage specific instances such as this is what Pro|WorkAround^tm procedures are all about.

quilt_erasing.PNG

Remember to save the layer status!

...and welcome to the forum!

Suppression of unnecessary threads in view

1. select the ribbon Annotate
  2. selection filter must be on General ( in right-down corner )
  3. choose the thread in view
  4. right mouse button – Erase

thr+1.jpg

thr+2.jpg

To resume the thread in view

1. select view
  2. right mouse button – Unerase Cosmetic

thr+3.jpg

Thanks Martin. That helps clear up what is going on. I still had trouble selecting the cosmetic that remains in the forground of a local section. In that case, you have to window-select with model cosmetic filtering.

Video Link : 5419

ah

I have 2 features - Cut + Cosmetic Thread (old Pro/E part) - Not group

You have about 1 feature - Hole & Thread?

Yes, these are the threaded hole feature. You select the individual hole to use the erase. All the erase does is erase the cosmetic thread.

Hello to everyone,

I did a symmetric block in 3D, after that I did an extrude (with removing material) from half of it. My question now is how can I remove unwanted holes from 2D drawing whitch can be see in the picture attached (blue circle).

Many thanks.

Top Tags