cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Hole Table

Sachin
1-Newbie

Hole Table

In the hole tables, we get Diameter as the standard parameter to be displayed along with X and Y parameters.

I would like to know, which hole parameter is mapped to Diameter in hole table as, I could not see any parameter in the hole describing the diameter as shown in the snap attached.

Can some one help me understanding, how the diameter of the 1st hole displayed in table is appearing as "M6x1 TAPMM"

Thanks,

Sachin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Sachim,

the only info I can give you is that hole definition files (*.hol) are located in ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\text\hole directory. I don't know whether every column in hole definition file has its associated parameter accessible "inside" Creo Parametric.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin, I could see the .hol file is having a config option CALLOUT_FORMAT mapped to &Screw_size TAP <CTRL-a>x<CTRL-b> &Thread_depth.

This is how, it is mapped to diameter in hole table.

Can anyone let me know what CALLOUT_FORMAT in *.hol file means?

Similarly in my case, it is mapped to &Screw_size TAP <CTRL-a>x<CTRL-b> &Thread_depth..

I am trying to find out in the hole table, which parameter is coming in place of Diameter Column.

Thanks,

Sachin

Sachin,

I can't give you detailed information concerning CALLOUT_FORMAT. I suggest you to open Case at PTC Support.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Sachin)

From the help pages:

CALLOUT_FORMAT

The format of thread notes created or shown in the model and drawing. This is not a place to add text to a note, but a place to define the way that the text of a note appears.

Even though it doesn't show it in the hole chart files, the default callout_format is this:

&METRIC_SIZE &THREAD_SERIES - &THREAD_CLASS &STD_HOLE_TYPE &VAR_THREAD &THREAD_DEPTH

This will output something that looks like this:

101.png

If you want something different, you can place your own callout on that line in the hole file. Keep in mind that the same callout will be used for ALL holes created from that file. This could include tapped holes, counterbored clearance holes, countersunk holes, etc. To get around this limitation, some companies will duplicate the hole chart multiple times and give each one a different name just so they can customize the callout format for one specific hole type.

Attached is a PDF file I put together listing all of the known hole parameters and where they can be used.

Sachin
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom for the info.

I would like to extend my query to the hole table - default "Diameter" column. What is the parameter getting linked with it from the hole parameters?

I am not able to make any changes in that "Diameter parameter".

If you refer to the snap attached to my original post, you can see the last column of (phi) which indicates the diameter parameter.

If I make any changes in the text of this column, they will get erased once i update the table.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks,

Sachin

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Sachin)

Diameter is a calculated value, not a single parameter. It is only displayable as note text.

Based on what you're displaying, I would guess it is a compilation of FASTENER_ID and maybe TABLE_UNITS.

What exactly is it that you would like to display?

Top Tags