cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Hole feature - Exit Counterbore?

HamsterNL
18-Opal

Hole feature - Exit Counterbore?

I swear that Creo can create an exit counterbore with the hole feature...but maybe I'm mistaken?

Exit Counterbore.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can in a fashion. You would need to use the sketch option to define the shape of the hole, but i have always thought of this as been pointless (unless a thread is present), might as well just make a revolved cut. You can add an 'exit countersink' but you require a counterbore. Frustrating that you can do one but not the other.

Regards

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can in a fashion. You would need to use the sketch option to define the shape of the hole, but i have always thought of this as been pointless (unless a thread is present), might as well just make a revolved cut. You can add an 'exit countersink' but you require a counterbore. Frustrating that you can do one but not the other.

Regards

John

Hi @John.Pryal,

The sketch solution is the workaround for now, but having an "Exit Counterbore" would be a nice addition to the hole feature.

Thanks!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:HamsterNL)

Voted! 😄

You are right, and there should be perfect call out note for counter bore and counter sink hole which is missing.

Top Tags