cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Hole table - different decimal places

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Hole table - different decimal places

I have a hole table where I would like all the hole diameters and X/Y locations to be three decimal places (to pick up the tolerance block for 3 decimal places) and then have the B holes to have four decimal places (to have a different tolerance than the rest). Is there a way to do this with formatting the cells, or am I stuck manually editing the cells to add the extra decimal place.

The problem is that if I update the table, it blows away the fourth decimal place.

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Dale,

try adding the following to the value in a given cell, for 3 places add [.3] for 4 places add [.4] after values.

Hope this helps

John

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:John.Pryal)

I tried adding the [.4] after the value. As shown in the picture, I just got a [.4] after the value.

Is there something else?

Hi Dale,

it would appear i got this wrong, you can control the number of decimal places in the the way i describe for parameter values in a table, i just assumed the values in a hole table could be treated the same. Sorry for the confusion.

John

Top Tags