cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I filter a repeat region by rpt.index?

SOLVED
Participant

How can I filter a repeat region by rpt.index?

I have Creo 2.0 M080 and won't be upgrading for a bit. In the mean time, I have problems with parts lists that are taller than the height of my page. If I use paginate, I have to clear and reset the extent every time I regenerate. This is fine for tables on the same page, but tables spanning multiple pages really have issues. I have an idea for a workaround for the time being by adding additional parts lists tables and filtering out what the other lists show. I would like to use rpt.index to filter sections at a time; for instance I tried to use &rpt.index<28 in one and &rpt.index>28 in the other to imitate a single paginated table. However, the filter did not filter the correct lines.

Has anyone tried to do this and been successful?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can I filter a repeat region by rpt.index?

Shawn,

I tested your request just now.

1.]

Before you define a filter, you have to fix indexes.

In TBL REGIONS menu click Fix Index, select repeat region and then choose Fix > Region > Confirm > Done

2.]

Define filter

&rpt.index<=28 ... less or equal

-OR-

&rpt.index>28 ... greater then

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Shawn,

I tested your request just now.

1.]

Before you define a filter, you have to fix indexes.

In TBL REGIONS menu click Fix Index, select repeat region and then choose Fix > Region > Confirm > Done

2.]

Define filter

&rpt.index<=28 ... less or equal

-OR-

&rpt.index>28 ... greater then

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

Highlighted

MartinHanak‌-

What version are you using to test? I did forget to fix all my indices; I had manually reordered my parts list by fixing some and sorting the rest. However, after fixing the entire region, I still didn't get the results I expected (see below).

all33.JPG filterfirst28.JPGfilterfirst28results.JPG

Highlighted

Shawn,

I fixed repeat region, only. I didn't make any other action on repeat region. I am sending test data created in CR2 M070.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.