cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How can I filter a repeat region by rpt.index?

spete
5-Regular Member

How can I filter a repeat region by rpt.index?

I have Creo 2.0 M080 and won't be upgrading for a bit. In the mean time, I have problems with parts lists that are taller than the height of my page. If I use paginate, I have to clear and reset the extent every time I regenerate. This is fine for tables on the same page, but tables spanning multiple pages really have issues. I have an idea for a workaround for the time being by adding additional parts lists tables and filtering out what the other lists show. I would like to use rpt.index to filter sections at a time; for instance I tried to use &rpt.index<28 in one and &rpt.index>28 in the other to imitate a single paginated table. However, the filter did not filter the correct lines.

Has anyone tried to do this and been successful?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:spete)

Shawn,

I tested your request just now.

1.]

Before you define a filter, you have to fix indexes.

In TBL REGIONS menu click Fix Index, select repeat region and then choose Fix > Region > Confirm > Done

2.]

Define filter

&rpt.index<=28 ... less or equal

-OR-

&rpt.index>28 ... greater then

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Shawn,

I tested your request just now.

1.]

Before you define a filter, you have to fix indexes.

In TBL REGIONS menu click Fix Index, select repeat region and then choose Fix > Region > Confirm > Done

2.]

Define filter

&rpt.index<=28 ... less or equal

-OR-

&rpt.index>28 ... greater then

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
spete
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

MartinHanak‌-

What version are you using to test? I did forget to fix all my indices; I had manually reordered my parts list by fixing some and sorting the rest. However, after fixing the entire region, I still didn't get the results I expected (see below).

all33.JPG filterfirst28.JPGfilterfirst28results.JPG

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Shawn,

I fixed repeat region, only. I didn't make any other action on repeat region. I am sending test data created in CR2 M070.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags