cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How can I offer desinty to measure weight in creo elements direct ?

yhuang-2
9-Granite

I don't know what the value is right ?

I use part properties , like picture

Snap2.png

please tell me what the value is correct ?

Thank you very much

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

If you use the part properties values for volume, area, mass, ... may have tolerances like in the picture.

This depends on the complexity of the model.

If the model only includes regular geometry like plane, cylindrical and conical faces the tolerance should be 0.

But if the model has spline faces included then it may be harder to calculate the values.

In this case you have the possibility to set a maximum tolerance like 1%.

This is in the menu in Statistics. There you can choose between rough, 1, 2, 5%

If you use 1% you will see, that the results are much better.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:yhuang-2)

To find the density for a material, you can look it up-for example, at an on-line source like Online Materials Information Resource - MatWeb

If I am measuring part properties like volume or mass, I will often use the Part Measure command (Analysis tab->Measure group->Part). That command gives you more control on the precision of the measurement. Wolfgang mentioned that you can set a maximum tolerance, but if you use the Part Properties menu, the best you can do is 1%. With the Part Measure command, you can set the tolerance as tight as you want (for example, 0.01%). Of course, if you have a part with lots of complex faces, the tighter the tolerance, the longer it will take to make the measurement.

Top Tags