cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How can I project the end of sectioned surface on a plane?

simran
6-Contributor

How can I project the end of sectioned surface on a plane?

Hi all,

I have a surface model of a pump and I am going to reverse engineer it to make a feature based solid model, however I am struck at one main thing.

The pump has to be made using swept blend ffeature for which I need sections sketches, I dont know how to project the surface from where it has been sectioned on a plane at the same location where it is cut.I am using "Project" command in the skect tool while in the DTM2 plane to project the cut surface buit it just isnt projecting the entities from where the surface is cut, it is rather projecting entities somewhere behind it Please help me out there, pictures are attached for clearance.

Using creo 2.0

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:simran)

Have you tried using the "curve from cross section" tool ?

In Creo 3, you can right click on your section in the model tree and select "Create a Curve".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
psobejko
12-Amethyst

In Creo 3, you can right click on your section in the model tree and select "Create a Curve".

simran
6-Contributor
(To:psobejko)

I just tried it and its giving me the error

"Reasons for failure:

Cross-section referenced by curve does not intersect model.

Curve could not be constructed"

However the cross section is intersecting my model right thtorugh. Any other way?

for now I am using "Intersect" command to intersect the surface on a plane and using its intersect porfile as refrence for skectes...I s that the only way or is there any other easy way for that?

This 

@psobejko wrote:

This tip was very helpful.  It's easy to miss tools that are available like this one.  Thanks!

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

You must turn on "include all quilts" in Xsec options for Xsec to make curve from surfaces. Its "exclude all quilts" by default.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:DavorGranic)

Oh thanks man..that really answered my question...

Thanks to Paul Sobejko too...

Top Tags