cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How can I show plane intersections?

tthomasson
1-Newbie

How can I show plane intersections?

When modeling, it would be helpful to see dashed lines (or axes, something else) where the standard planes (Side, Top, Front) intersect. I know I can add axes, but it would be nice if the program would display these automatically.

Is there a configuration option that will display dashed lines where planes intersect?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If dashed lines at the intersection of your default datum planes are always required you could include them in your start part template. You could either add them as datum axes or Sketch features and associate them with their own Layer so they could easily be hidden if necessary. The Sketch features' line fonts could be set to dashed via Properties if you were to go that route.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dude

In File/options/model display/Show Datums are the answer.

tutorial creo 01.png

Thanks, but "show datums" was already checked. Unfortuantely that wasn't it.

The attached image shows how another CAD program does it. I circled the plane intersection lines - this is what I'm looking for.

I know that it does creo

If dashed lines at the intersection of your default datum planes are always required you could include them in your start part template. You could either add them as datum axes or Sketch features and associate them with their own Layer so they could easily be hidden if necessary. The Sketch features' line fonts could be set to dashed via Properties if you were to go that route.

Thanks Ron.

To be clear for others who might access this thread, there doesn't appear to be an option in Creo to illustrate plane intersections, such as is typical with SolidWorks and other CAD packages (see "SW plane display.gif" image posted above). The simple workaround is to place axes at plane intersections. If your environment isn't "locked down," you can add these axes to your start part/assembly template.

Top Tags