cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How can I stop the generation of all unwanted files?

jtijerinagarza
1-Newbie

How can I stop the generation of all unwanted files?

Every time I log in CREO Parametric 3.0 to create a part it creates a lot of files with extensions like .txt, .log, .err, .inf.

What can i do to stop this? or is it necessary all this stuff for the parts to work?

7 REPLIES 7

.txt and .inf files are used to create on-screen displays. .log and .err are to let you know how the software is operating and should be looked into if there's any question about how things are going.

Generally you can delete these files as they are in-work items that aren't used between sessions.

We have a startup script that runs. Aside from coping the company config.pro and other settings it deletes these files that we don't want. You could do the same.

FYI, here's my list of files my batch file erases in my start in folder...

del *.inf*

del *.ger*

del *.crc*

del *.memb*

del *.ers*

del iges*.dat*

del *.bde

del *.bdi

del *.bdm

del *.m_p*

del *.bom*

del *.ptd

del *.als

del *.dat

del *.pls

del s*.sec*

del trail.txt.*

del *.log*

del std.*

del *.lst

del *.err*

Any chance of associating these extensions with the function that generated them?

That would be worth pinning somewhere

Some of the files are required while Creo is running. They can all be deleted after you exit creo.

You can create a BAT file and run it separately to delete all of the Creo generated files or you can edit the PTC startup BAT file to call your BAT file to delete the old files before starting a new session.

How can I do that?
How can I create that BAT?

Top Tags