cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How can we know about planes involved in any type of orientation?

ssawheny
1-Newbie

How can we know about planes involved in any type of orientation?

Suppose Some orientation is created DRW with help of two planes.

Now if I want to know later which planes are involved ,I am not bale to get that. It allows me to redefine that particular orientation but not find which particular planes were already involved.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ssawheny)

I don't know of any referential tie between a view and the planes used to define the view -- you can delete those planes after creating the view, and the view will not fail because the references are gone.  Only the transform matrix is saved with the view.

I've been playing with a way to find the angles needed to recreate a view, using the principles of axonometric projection.  I am attaching a PDF of what I've come up with so far; maybe it will help you to find the information you need.

Top Tags