cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How do I open multiple instances from a family table?

kphuyal-3
1-Newbie

How do I open multiple instances from a family table?

I have a family table that has about 500 instances. I want to check some of the models. Instead of opening individually, is there a way I can open multiple instances at the same time?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Kiran,

It's not possible to select multiple family table instances and retrieve them at once.  The instances can only be retrieved one at a time.

Thanks,

Amit

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:kphuyal-3)

Are you in PDMLink?  If so then you can check the boxes of all the objects you want and select File > Open in Creo.

Hi,

Creo functionality = open 1 instance at a time.

You can use AutoIt to develop an application which enables you to select more instances.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you all for your response. I guess unless you have a PDMLink set up there is no way to do so. I will explore AutoIt option as well.

Aside from inconvenience, Creo is single threaded and can only work on one model at a time, though in the case of assemblies, it can pause working on elements of the assembly while working on component parts.

AutoIT is OK for this, but if desired one can create Mapkeys via VBA in office. I like AutoIt and would suggest it, but someone had beaten me to it. Some have complained their IT policies limit them to a small number of applications, so I add VBA as an alternative.

Top Tags