cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How do I set the initial scale of my modeling window?

dmayfield
4-Participant

How do I set the initial scale of my modeling window?

When I try to sketch an item, I want it to be ~1-20 in length (lets assume inches as my units), instead it seems to default the window size to 400-600. It is a little tedious to make the dimensino adjustments and then wait for the window to automatically resize. How can i set a default size beforehand?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Most models are based on a template item, so add a datum curve to the template part that is about the right size. It should be no big deal because the template parts typically have the default datums, coordinate system, axes, and layer schemes. Adding a datum curve, even curve-by equation, would easily set the initial scale. If it is hidden and not referenced, it's easy enough to delete it later.

Top Tags