cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hide curves from style surfaces and sweeps?

How hide curves from style surfaces and sweeps?

Hello,

I'm working on a beautiful model, but its beholders are distracted by ugly curves from sweep and style features! How do I go on to hide them?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: How hide curves from style surfaces and sweeps?

The thread linked above helped me get rid of the sweep curve. How do I hide the curves from the style feature?

put the style feature on a layer and hide the layer.

//Tobias

Thank you for your reply!

I want to keep the surfaces from the style feature, but not the curve. I tried thickening the style feature, but then I couldn't mirror it.

Is there a way to find specifically the curves of the style feature when creating the layer? I haven't worked much with layers.

I mirrored the style feature and I was silly enough to try and thicken the mirror feature, rather than thickening the style feature within the mirror.

On the first attempt after lunch I successfully thickened the style feature, and the mirrored version of it.

if the curves bother you when you are in shaded mode, you can always change your config setting to not show them... (file - option - modeldisplay . (then under "shaded model setting", just uncheck "show datum curve features") )

//Tobias

Also consider the fact that there is a difference in mirroring the "feature" and mirroring the "geometry". (...and mirroring "the part") It all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

//Tobias