cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to Split a part into seperate parts.

Sto
2-Guest
2-Guest

How to Split a part into seperate parts.

Can someone please tell me how to Split a part into seperate parts in Pro-Engineer wildfire5?

Original shape is imported from Solid works and i need to keep outside form.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Once you have imported the file you can create another file or however many you need & just copy the geometry from your imported fille.

You go to insert, shared data, copy geometry. Then go to references & find the file you want geometry from. You might have to deselect the publish geometry icon to the right once in the feature.

Mike

Copy geometry icon is greyed out?

"From file" is only option, any ideas.

It would be ideal if i can do it this way.

Thanks for the help

John

Well that is not good. You must not have the advanced assembly license. Well then you will have to import the file & remove what you don't want using cut, merge & solidify. Fell free to upload if you want. I can take a look at it.

I'll remove all unwanted surfaces and save as step file, and work away.

Thanks for help Mike

John

no problem

Top Tags