Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Sweep this

Re: How to Sweep this

Not having your actual geometry, I eyeballed it.  Using both loops as-is resulted in a weird "pinched" area on the bottom inside surface, leading me to add more control to stop that.  I made one B/B (boundary blend) surface from the vertical centerline plane of the part, assigned continuous conditions to the ends, and normal conditions to the Front datum, then simply mirrored and then merged it.  I didn't bother making a solid.

What I did that was a little trick I learned, was that I could have used a datum curve on the Front datum and simply assigned a curvature continuous on both ends.  But I don't like that because you can't specify HOW "continuous" it is.  That's why, I added features 12 thru 15.  This way, I can add a B/B to use as a edge and use the extruded layout surfaces to be continuous to, and use the drag handles (Constraints tab, "Display Drag Handles") to pull the shape into what I want, something you CAN'T do with a simple datum curve.  I use this technique a lot when I want more control.  I could have cleaned it up more in the area of the solid itself, but I think this illustrates the point.

BOUNDARY BLEND.jpg

Hi FrankSSchiavone,

With basics curves like arc and ellipse the function works quite easily !

You don't see the original model sent in a message to tbraxton..... to work and try with the right problem.

I will still in the firts idea since my beginning despite of the recommandation of one colleague (but i couldn't see the file, he's working currently with CATIA) .... i think BoundaryBlend is the best choice in this case.

tbraxton also think the same !!

Thanks for your answer

🙂 do you apply a little touch of Render Studio 🙂

Dunno what kind of file that was, but I tried to open it and couldn't.  The technique I attached in the other post should work regardless.  I'm on Creo 3 so if you're on 2 you won't be able to open it.

Find here the original file, it's a CREO 2 version

You must be using a student edition or something, it no worky.  And even if I did touch it, with Creo 2, you couldn't open it after I worked on it.

@ptc  You guys REALLY need to allow us to "downrev" a file at least one rev.  You know, like AutoCAD can do?

Hi FrankSSchiavone

You should ask tbraxton cause he manages to work on it ... and he doesn't report a problem to open the file.

Have a nice weekend 🙂

i'am back on monday

With the swept blend, each end does have to have the same number of curves.  The other thing to remember is to control the start point and direction at each end.  I believe multiple trajectory curves must end at a vertex.  I would suggest a single center trajectory curve.

Creo is an endless adventure: Always more to learn.

Actually that's incorrect.  You can add a "Blend Vertex" to a section to go from, say, 4 sides in the first section to 3 in the second.  This was the first time I'd played with this new interface (I use VSS's instead), and it's a little wonky at first but you can drag the blend vertex around like you can drag the starting points around.  In other words, you can get a sweep with a rectangular cross-section but that is twisted along it's length by simply moving the starting points around to the different vertices.

Dunno why, I just know it doesn't work for me.

Good luck with it and too bad you can't open my Creo 3 file.

Highlighted

Anyone else able to open my file and see what I did?

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!