Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Sweep this

Re: How to Sweep this

Works for me in Creo 4.0

Creo is an endless adventure: Always more to learn.

Cool.  Any of that look interesting to ya?  The small center section in the ellipse could be made bigger to adjust the look, and as I mentioned the drag handles for the extruded surfaces as well as the BB surf can be pulled to adjust shape as well.

Highlighted

Interesting approach Frank, your model has made it into my reference model library! You definitely get a level of control not available with curve through points when curvature continuous tangency is taken.

Regards

John

Glad to help John!  Yeah, I think the curve command could REALLY be a lot more powerful if it added the capability to modify the AMOUNT of influence a tangent, curvature continuous, and normal condition.  I think I first thought of doing that when I learned NX 8.5 for a year, and got heavily into surfacing there too.  Only there, in their curve feature you COULD specify various levels of continuity.  I was trying to do that with curves in Creo for the edges of a boundary blend, and couldn't.....but then I thought of using the B/B for the edge, and it worked awesome.

I STILL don't think Creo has the level of surfacing control I want, but I have my Pro/WORKAROUND's.....  🙂

ISDX includes the functionality you are describing. It adds significant surface modeling capability and control over surface connections, influence over topology within surfaces and has more advanced curve controls. It is the evolution of a surface modeling  product (CDRS) which was eventually integrated within Pro/E.

Is ISDX even around anymore?  I thought over the years it had ended up being called something else.  I've seen demo's of it over the years, and wanted it, but sadly, I've never gotten to play with it, let alone have a copy to use regularly...  😞

Guess I just have to make do with Creo...

ISDX is still available and updated, they charge maintenance for it.

LOL  What DON'T they charge maintenance for???

Sadly, much as I'd LOVE to play with it, I really can't make a business case for it here with my current position.  I do surfacing for fun, practice, and learning, since the shapes I create for actual work are so simple (boring).  I'd REALLY like to get a chance to play with their free-form modeler, forget the name of that.

Do you have access to ISDX?

Gee, just that ONE?  LOL  🙂

I have ISDX and was involved in the integration into Pro/E from CDRS stand alone from the user side in the 90s. Initially CDRS exported a file that would update in Pro/E (in theory). I did a couple of full programs using this functionality before ISDX integration. I was on the ID/Surfacing Technical Committee working with the PTC product managers for surfacing back then. It is the most capable tool within Creo for creating surfaces (and curves) that will get tooled/manufactured with subtractive processes.

The free from tools still need to evolve to fit into a workflow for engineered surfacing. They will need to integrate tightly with standard Creo features to control them. The freeform (Sub D) is suitable for concept work but controlling constraints via parameters is not there yet. I have only played with freeform tools and gotten feedback from organizations that are using it in the concept phase before moving on to engineering products that use the concept topology as a guide in product design.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!