cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to achieve nominal wall thickness when Shell command is used up.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

How to achieve nominal wall thickness when Shell command is used up.

This is an entry for the How To Video Challenge.

If the Shell command has already been used as a feature this technique will help you core out your plastic part to achieve nominal wall thickness.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I can honestly say I've never seen anyone use the Copy Inside Boundary option on a surface offset before.

Although I have my own techniques for achieving this same effect, definite thumbs up for demonstrating something rarely shown. Of course just because I've never seen it before doesn't mean someone hasn't done it... but still.

It's my personal opinion that there should be at least one video demonstrating every single switch and option in the software. The books from PTC and various 3rd parties barely scratch the surface. The training classes don't go much deeper either. If you want to learn this stuff, there's only one or two ways. You can find a Pro/E Ace and hope he'll teach you (if he even knows it himself)... or else teach yourself.

Thanos for the video... nice use of Extend, too... that's another one people overlook.

Kind compliments, Brian.  Thank you.

I like your idea about videos for training in the software.  Let's get to work.  PlanetPTC is used mostly by those that know the basics in Creo and need some advanced help.  The videos that you're describing would benefit the beginners immensely.  Not to mention, such videos would reveal to the "experts" things that they never bothered to investigate in the software.

Top Tags