cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to calculate the Developed length in Pro/Sheetmetal?

amitshah
1-Newbie

How to calculate the Developed length in Pro/Sheetmetal?

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to calculate the developed length in Creo/ProE Sheetmetal.

Thanks in Advance

Amit

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see, there are bend allowances based on the material. These are values that you can enter or allow to default based on pre-defined tables.

In general, there is stretch and crush going on in the bend. If you overall size is 100x100 and 100x50, then the result will the slightly less that 150. in Creo 2.0, in the flat view pop-out window, you can have the overall size shown by using the button on the graphics toolbar in the pop-out window.

Flat_pattern_preview.jpg

bounding_dim_sheetmetal.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Can you clarify your question?

I have a sheet with bend wall. Now after unbend the total length of the sheet should be including the radius of the bend.

E.g. Sheet is of 100X100 and bend wall attached is of 100X50 with radius = thickness.

After unbend what should be the total length.

I see, there are bend allowances based on the material. These are values that you can enter or allow to default based on pre-defined tables.

In general, there is stretch and crush going on in the bend. If you overall size is 100x100 and 100x50, then the result will the slightly less that 150. in Creo 2.0, in the flat view pop-out window, you can have the overall size shown by using the button on the graphics toolbar in the pop-out window.

Flat_pattern_preview.jpg

bounding_dim_sheetmetal.png

Thanks Antonius,

But where I can find the bend table for refernce.

And can we perform Thick & Thickness Analysis(formabilty Simulation) in Creo Simulate?

I know very little about simulate. The bend tables are here: ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M030\text\bend_tables

Don't ask me how to read them. When I need to know, I use the 60%/40% rule in a section. I wouldn't trust my setting in Creo to provide to a shop. I would have to know exactly what they really use for bend dies. I trust that most use a generic .032" IR brake die whether they're bending aluminum or steel. Thicker gauges, more of course. But for prototyping, I trust the defaults to be within manufacturing tolerances.

Thanks Antonius,

It is really a great help..

Regards

Amit

This may be too late but further to the answer from Antonuis, you might find the linked document below interesting reading.

http://www.ciri.org.nz/bendworks/bending.pdf

It shows how to calculate the K-factor using measurements taken from a physical sample before and after bending. You can then use the K-factor in Pro/E to calculate the bend allowance.

There is also a freeware calculator on their website.

http://www.ciri.org.nz/bendworks/

That is an excellent reference, Colin. Thanks!

That was of great learning reference, Colin..

Thanks

Top Tags