cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to change line colour on imported geometry?

sellis34
5-Regular Member

How to change line colour on imported geometry?

I have created an extrusion from an imported curve (from DXF).  The edge line colour of of the imported curve is white, while the extrusion line colour is black.  The problem I am trying to solve how to display only black line colours in the drawing, ideally by changing the line style in the model so that it is consistent across all representations of the part.

2020-08-07 08_11_58-Presentation1 - PowerPoint.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sellis34
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma 

Unfortunately it is a proprietary design, so not able to share, sorry.

I have resolved the issue be re-constructing the part.

The problem started when I first imported the curve as a feature and then used it as the basis for a sketch and an extrusion.  The imported curve attributes show it as a white line (still not sure where this setting can be changed).

What I should have done was to first start a sketch and import the DXF curve into the new sketch.  The avoids creating an imported curve feature.  The extruded part based on the curve inside the sketch does not have any white lines.  Happy days.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@sellis34 

You  may try clearing all appearance in part. Possibly that will fix the issue. 

sellis34
5-Regular Member

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma ,

thanks for the suggestion.  I tried clearing all appearances, but unfortunately the line colours were not changed, only the surface appearance.

@sellis34

By any chance, can you share the data?

sellis34
5-Regular Member

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma 

Unfortunately it is a proprietary design, so not able to share, sorry.

I have resolved the issue be re-constructing the part.

The problem started when I first imported the curve as a feature and then used it as the basis for a sketch and an extrusion.  The imported curve attributes show it as a white line (still not sure where this setting can be changed).

What I should have done was to first start a sketch and import the DXF curve into the new sketch.  The avoids creating an imported curve feature.  The extruded part based on the curve inside the sketch does not have any white lines.  Happy days.

Top Tags