cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to change the colour of UI

uherrmann
1-Newbie

How to change the colour of UI

Hallo. Meine Frage.. Wie kann ich die Farbe des Ui von Creo 3 ändern? Die hellgrauen Farbe (Hintergrund) gefällt mir nicht? 

Hello. Here´s my question.. How can i change the colour of the UI at creo 3? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

Creo 4 is tentatively going to come with three different skins that will allow users to change the UI area from "light" (white) to "medium" (light gray) or "dark" (medium gray), but these skins will not be user editable.  By they way, these skins are completely separate from the system colors used in the graphics area.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Uwe,

UI background is always white and its color cannot be changed. You can set color of graphics area, only.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

Creo 4 is tentatively going to come with three different skins that will allow users to change the UI area from "light" (white) to "medium" (light gray) or "dark" (medium gray), but these skins will not be user editable.  By they way, these skins are completely separate from the system colors used in the graphics area.

Thanks Tom,

I was looking for a previous ui_theme config option after I came across something I wrote several years ago.  And searching came up with this correspondence.

We are on Creo 2 and like many I am tired of the very light coloured UI area.  So although it is a way in the future the idea that we can have darker UI interface areas is pleasing.  At least in the modelling area I get to use a pre-WF colour scheme with a syscol.scl.

A long time ago I postulated the use of an old idea for the drop menus for them to use the graded colour bands that we used to get on old school sprocket fed fan fold paper.  That light, slightly darker, then slightly darker again set of repeating bands was/is great for chunking lists and working out where commands are.

I guess it is a perennial beef that PTC will not spend time optimising their UI.  My argument is that this should be the sort of low rent stuff that would make all users happy.

Ah, well; back to the salt mines.

Regards, Brent

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrentDrysdale)

Brent Drysdale‌, take a look at this idea for screenshots of the new skins:  Possibility to change ribbon color in Creo 3.0

Top Tags