cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to convert Assembly structure to one single file

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

How to convert Assembly structure to one single file

Quick video tutorials where you can learn some useful features in 3D Evolution or - How to convert Assembly structure to one single file and reause this ONE file in CAD system - for example in Creo Parametric 4.0

Note: 3D Evolution is software for 3D CAD data conversion. More information you can find here: http://bit.ly/3Devolution

Tags: #3devolution #tutorial #4kside #vpalffy #vladimirpalffy

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
5 REPLIES 5
dcokin
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirPalffy)

FYI, you can convert a Creo assy into a Creo part without any 3rd party software too.  I do this a lot when importing vendor assemblies, as I don't want to manage all their subcomponents in our PDM system, but just want one model for the whole thing.

File / Save As / Save a Copy / Type = Shrinkwrap

(Note that the options that come up here are a little different than when you click the "Shrinkwrap" button in a model.)

Creation method = Merged Solid

Quality = 10 (reduce only if failure)

Special handling = uncheck "Fill holes" (unless you do want it to attempt to fill them in), leave "igore skeletons" and "ignore quilts" checked.

Note that if you try to save a shrinkwrap of a part (say, to change where the origin csys is, or try to get it to remove holes), the "Merged Solid" option is gone.  Workaround is to create a dummy assembly and drop your part into it.

I really love the "Merged Solid" shrinkwrap function; wish it was available for default envelopes and such, but the only way to access it is the "Save As" command on assemblies.

IMO the better way to do this is to use the intf_in_use_template_models yes config option. On import it merges solid files into one. Note that it is a hidden config because if the geometry is complicated it can crash Creo.

dcokin
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirPalffy)

• IMO the better way to do this is to use the intf_in_use_template_models yes config option. On import it merges solid files into one.

Didn't work for me.

Are you sure that's what this config setting is for?  Seems like it's just to specify that the default part & assy templates are to be used for imports.  I wasn't familiar with that setting, but had set up another approach to ensure templates are used a while back.  Our config.pro has a "intf_in_profile_default default_import_profile.dip" line, which specifies that the "default_import_profile.dip" file in our working directories should be used for imports.  This file specifies which models to use as templates, along with various other import settings.

I think maybe intf3d_in_as_part yes was the intended option.

Yes sorry I copied the wrong one. I meant  intf3d_in_as_part as Stephen indicated.  Thanks for the help @StephenW!

Top Tags