cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to create a custom hole definition from a sketched hole (SAE J1926/1 tube fitting port hole)

danders238
13-Aquamarine

How to create a custom hole definition from a sketched hole (SAE J1926/1 tube fitting port hole)

Hi,

Hoping someone can point me to some info on how or if a sketch hole could be used to create a custom hole definition?
I know how to change the .hol definition to change the text and called out format for all holes.

Need info on how to create a new hole shape with out sketching it every time.

I would like to create standard hole definitions for SAE J1926 tube fiting ports and have the hole automatically modeled correctly when the holes are placed for various sized fitting ports.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Don Anderson

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:danders238)

You may want to try the UDF in this post. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Port-UDF/m-p/239895

I haven't tried this particular one but I have used UDFs for this application.

danders238
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

Hi Steve,

Trying to stay away from using UDF's to make it quicker to switch hole types in a part along with making it easier to update the patterns.  Right now I can load the different sketches using the hole sketch command and would like to automate the selection process for creating holes and call-outs for drawings.

Thank you for that option!

Don

Top Tags