cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to create a jogged cross section

K.Wygant
5-Regular Member

How to create a jogged cross section

I have a part that I would like to cross section like the sketch. The radial holes are at an angle and I would like to show how the angle relates to the countersunk holes in the cross section, so the part is made correctly. How do I do this? I'm fairly new at Creo. I am using Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is an offset section. You simple create an open sketch that will be the cut. You will have other options when you place the view, such as unfold.

You might go through the help files. The help files to actually show all the different types of sections that are supported and also show how to use them.

Welcome to the forum.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This is an offset section. You simple create an open sketch that will be the cut. You will have other options when you place the view, such as unfold.

You might go through the help files. The help files to actually show all the different types of sections that are supported and also show how to use them.

Welcome to the forum.

K.Wygant
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thank you Antonius. I was a Solid Works user and am new to Creo. So, I am not used to all the references that are needed. Also, It is difficult to use the Creo help when you don't know what you are looking for! I typed in cross section, but didn't know it was called offset cross section.

I did get the section to work. It show up correctly in the model, but I am only getting 1/2 of the cross section to show in the drawing. The other half is not cross sectioned. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing.

K.Wygant
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Also, what is the difference between one side and both sides. It is not explained in the help.

You are certainly not the only one that has trouble with the Creo help files. Even if you know what you are looking for it can be difficult to find.

There is an option to "unfold" the cross section. This is done in the dialog. I think you need to provide an additional input so it knows the direction to unfold.

I found an example of One Side when searching the help but it really is no help. I don't know what that means. But I do know that a section will fail in the model if you only extrude the offset sketch in one direction, but it will show in the drawing view.

Top Tags