cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to define parameters for BOM table for Harness Drawing

catipash
1-Newbie

How to define parameters for BOM table for Harness Drawing

I Have fair understanding of Repeat region in BOM Table creation in Creo.

I need to know the list of parameters like

1) rpt.index

2) asm.mbr.connprm.name etc..

what all the other parameters i need to add in the table to get the list of requirements such as wire size, color, from, to, connector name, wire length, spool name, marking name, part number etc.... I added few parameters as per my knowledge but when i am giving update table the table is going blank.Need your help.

Thanks,

Syed

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:catipash)

Hello Syed,

if what you called spool name is meant to be the wire name, then you might start the first column with harn.runname. Of course you can also show the spool name by harn.run.spool.name.

Entry ports you should get with &harn.run.from.conn.name and &harn.run.to.conn.name.

The part number and balloon number parameters are no standard parameters, but if you have defined them, you should be able to simply enter the user defined parameter name instead one of the standard ones.

For example if you want to get a parameter PARTNR1 from the to connector, use &harn.run.to.conn.partnr1

Gunter

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Syed,

I have found only the following Help page

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/detail/System_Parameters_for_Drawings.htm

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you for that link, but I am looking solely for the parameters we need to add for cabling drawing.

HI Syed...

I can help you with this but it helps if I know what information you're trying to get in your table. Can you create a table (it can be a picture of the table you need, it doesn't have to be in Creo) with the columns/data fields you're trying to populate.

The topic of creating a table to generate automatic information from your cables can get very deep depending upon what you're trying to do. As you've probably seen, there are a ton of parameters that seem like they might do something... but little documentation to explain which parameters to use. I can definitely help- but I need to understand what you're trying to get from the table. It also helps to understand if you're tyring to pull parameters from the spools, connectors, etc. Where you're trying to pull the data from is important because it affects the parameters you'll need to add to your table.

Help me fill in the blanks and I'll help you get your table working!

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Please find the image for which i want Bom Parameters to be defined.

Harness_BOM.JPG

Regards,

Syed

Message was edited by: syed pasha

Hi Brian, Team

I think you were quite busy these days, Can you please help me in defining Bom Parameters for the table i have attached in the above discussion.The image will be clear if you click on it.

Awaiting for your kind response.

Regards,

Syed

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:catipash)

Hello Syed,

if what you called spool name is meant to be the wire name, then you might start the first column with harn.runname. Of course you can also show the spool name by harn.run.spool.name.

Entry ports you should get with &harn.run.from.conn.name and &harn.run.to.conn.name.

The part number and balloon number parameters are no standard parameters, but if you have defined them, you should be able to simply enter the user defined parameter name instead one of the standard ones.

For example if you want to get a parameter PARTNR1 from the to connector, use &harn.run.to.conn.partnr1

Gunter

catipash
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for that info, I will check and get back to you I hope this will resolve my problem.

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem when I am trying to add parameters to be shown in the table of BOM for a harness drawing. I have added a table which shows the wire name, the from conn, to conn, spool etc. The problem is related to the from/to conn columns. Initially I have put : harn.run.cond.from/to.conn.name. The fact is that I want to replace parameter: name, with a user defined parameter (I use the parameter PARTNR) to show the part number of each connector, instead of the name.

When I use the parameter PARTNR (harn.run.cond.from/to.conn.PARTNR), the columns become empty. I attach some pictures to show what is going on.

Thamks in advance.

harness_1.PNG

harness_2.PNG

Top Tags