cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to designate parameters automatically using Model check ?

hsuryaprakash
1-Newbie

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Haris (again),

I have been working on (re-)implementing ModelCHECK recently and this is something I have had to do.

There is a PTC case regarding this (CS33856).

Essentially add the following into your "start" file (".mcs" extension):

<mode>_PARAMETER <param name> NONE EQ PDM

Where,

mode: "PRT", "ASM" or "DRW" depending on the file type the parameter is on

param_name: the name of the parameter to designate

e.g:

PRT_PARAMETER Weight NONE EQ PDM

Regards,

Toby

THanks a lot .

Its working now as per the solution you provided .

everytime I am opening each part from the assembly and manually selecting the upadate icon to add designate .

is there any option to designate all the parts inside assembly in a single shot ??

Not that I am aware of. I believe you need to have the line for each parameter you would like to designate. ModelCHECK is a fairly simple tool like that. No looping functionality.

What I would say is that you should only really designate parameters that PDM is listening to - otherwise you will constantly get warnings in the Event Manager on check in. So unless you are creating new attributes all the time I would expect this list of parameters that PDM is listening to is fairly static.

I have tried to get some parameters I have in my assembly to be designate, but I can't get to work.

In my mch file I have:

DESIGNATED_ATTR YNEW W N N N N

In my mcs file I have:

ASM_PARAMETER        LANGUAGE_ENGLISH_DESCRIPTION STR        EQ       -

ASM_PARAMETER        LANGUAGE_ENGLISH_DESCRIPTION NONE     EQ       PDM

if the parameter isn't there modelcheck will come with a warning, there I can add it and then will also be designated, but if the parameter is there nothing will happen.

Can anyone see that's wrong?

Do u have any idea about "batch mode model check " ? which is running outside the creo.

Hi Haris,

I believe that batch mode is only there to let you run modelcheck on lots of models, it does not allow you to do any tests specific to batch mode. As far as I am aware the configuration for all of the modes is pretty much the same. Which checks are run in each mode are determined by the check files.

Regards,

Toby

Hi

Is there any option inside model check setting to skip the parameter value to be entered when interactive is running.

In one of the parameter we set "string " as an data type and entered the numerical numbers, but now I want to change the same parameter

data type from string to Integer .So , that time it is asking once again to enter the value .

Like that , I have to change 12 parameters in all the models .Don't want to enter value every time & instead keep the same value & only changed data type .

How to achieve this ???

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:hsuryaprakash)

I've moved this thread to the Creo community as ModelCHECK is more Creo functionality rather than Windchill.

Top Tags