cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to get coordinates of all the points(Cartesian coordinate system) using a default co-ordinate system?

ChandraSekhar
1-Newbie

How to get coordinates of all the points(Cartesian coordinate system) using a default co-ordinate system?

I need all the point coordinates (Cartesian coordinate system) from a sketch file probably in an excell format or text format. Please help me finding a way to get all the point coordinates from a file . Your welcome if there is any other manner to get the point coordinates . Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can try to use IGES.

Save the part with points as IGES file (let Datum curves and points only), rename the .igs file to .pts file, create a new part and insert new feature Point - Offset Coordinate System.

Choose Coord sys in the Datum Point dialog and Import... the .pts file. Points should be loaded into the dialog. There is a Save... button to display reformatted .pts file with XYZ coords.

PZ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ChandraSekhar)

The only way I know to do this is to:

1. Setup a meausurement feature of each point and then export the parameter results (time intensive)

2. Use toolkit, JLink, Weblink etc (technically challenging)

3. If they are all in the same plane you can use a hole table on a drawing and then save the hole table as a cvs and open in excel

You can try to use IGES.

Save the part with points as IGES file (let Datum curves and points only), rename the .igs file to .pts file, create a new part and insert new feature Point - Offset Coordinate System.

Choose Coord sys in the Datum Point dialog and Import... the .pts file. Points should be loaded into the dialog. There is a Save... button to display reformatted .pts file with XYZ coords.

PZ

Works good thank you so much for your assistance.

I am trying to export and IGS with pts ONLY in creo 4.  

There is no option to just select pts.  I have Datums, Hidden entities, cable surfaces, parameters as choices.

This is killing me

Top Tags