cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to keep custom materials?

Machinist
10-Marble

How to keep custom materials?

For some reason, my Creo manages to delete (?) custom created materials. I just copy a material from the materials list and change the parameters. After a while (edit: when restarting Creo), the list kind of resets itself to the default materials. I've added 2 custom created materials this way and they're both not on the list anymore.

What's the proper way to create a material, get it into the list as a default material, in order to use the material for future parts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tdaugherty

Thanks for the reply. I did it your way for creating materials.

I already found my problem: Creo config overrides the files from the master config from the server to the local config on creo startup. At the time of writing this thread, I wasn't aware of Creo being installed both locally and on server (I'm pretty much the only one working with Creo at my company).

For future reference, I just had to copy the mtl file to the master config on the server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, 

The materials that you are creating need to be added to your materials library. The path to this location is specified by the config option pro_material_dir. If you are creating custom materials and not adding them to the library, you will not have access to them after restarting Creo. 

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/simulate%2Fsimulate%2Fmodstr%2Fprops%2Freference%2Fmaterial_top.html%23 

Ty

Tdaugherty

Thanks for the reply. I did it your way for creating materials.

I already found my problem: Creo config overrides the files from the master config from the server to the local config on creo startup. At the time of writing this thread, I wasn't aware of Creo being installed both locally and on server (I'm pretty much the only one working with Creo at my company).

For future reference, I just had to copy the mtl file to the master config on the server.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Machinist)

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct for those who search on the topic in the future.

Top Tags