Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make copy of PART & DRAWING

SOLVED

Re: How to make copy of PART & DRAWING

and i have a windchill , i want to create a new prt and drw in the windchill in IE browse, i use the save as ,but i  can not rename them,please see the piture for more details. please tell me what can i do to resolve the problem,thank youCapture.PNG

Add your part and your drawing to a workspace and do the save as in the workspace instead of in the commonspace as your image shows.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

DID not work

Do you have the config option set correctly? (rename drawings with object  =  both)

Was the drawing and the model named exactly the same? (other than the extension)

The save must be done on the part.

Steve Williams

If you are working on a folder structure (not pdmlink), I think the easiest way is to simply copy the drawing and the part to a new, empty folder. Open the drawing and the part, rename the part, rename the drawing. Save the drawing. If you need to, move something on the drawing to get it to save. Make sure you save the drawing after you've renamed the part, if you don't save it last, the drawing will still reference the old part.

Steve Williams
Highlighted

Windchill or not?

If not, see my post below.

Thank you Martin!!

I think this should have been marked as a solution.

For what it's worth, the procedure/command I use is:

• Assemble an additional item of the part you wish to copy.
  • "Replace with copy", which copies both part and drawing. (Handy if you are adding an alike item E.g. an extrusion that is different length)
  • *Note: if part to be copied has a family table that is used in drawing, additional steps are needed.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!