cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to make sketches to show inside swept blend or sweep feature?

simran
6-Contributor

How to make sketches to show inside swept blend or sweep feature?

Hello all,

I am using swept blend tool to make a profile by defining different sketches as section of the blend, my task requires all the sketches to show inside the feature, no sketches are allowed externally on a model tree, its like when you click extrude feature it asks for placement of the sketch weher you select a plane and create your extrude profile and when you press OK the extrude is cerated with skecth inside it (internal skecth) rather than on outside of extrude feature, I want the same thing for swept blend and sweep feature for skectes to show inside. Please help

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:simran)

Start with a sketch made of multiple lines, arcs or curves.

Capture.JPG

In the sections tab of the swept blend, sketch the starting section.  Select the insert button to add a section at the end and select the Sketch button to create the section.  Selecting the Insert button a third time to place a third section.  To locate the section pick the end point of a line within the section and select sketch to create the section.  You can only have as many section as you have line end points.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

The sections will be normal to the curve at the selected point.  If you use a multiple line section, such as a square, you control the twist of the sweep by selecting the endpoint in each section that you want to be connected and select Start Point from the right click menu.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kdirth
20-Turquoise

The trajectory can not be placed within the sweep or swept blend, as of CREO 2.0.  A section can be place at each line/curve end within the swept blend by creating a section at both ends and selecting internal nodes for additional sketches between.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your answer, can you please elaborate a bit more? Trajectories cant be placed inside the swept feature ok i get that but how to place section sketches inside??

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Start with a sketch made of multiple lines, arcs or curves.

Capture.JPG

In the sections tab of the swept blend, sketch the starting section.  Select the insert button to add a section at the end and select the Sketch button to create the section.  Selecting the Insert button a third time to place a third section.  To locate the section pick the end point of a line within the section and select sketch to create the section.  You can only have as many section as you have line end points.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

The sections will be normal to the curve at the selected point.  If you use a multiple line section, such as a square, you control the twist of the sweep by selecting the endpoint in each section that you want to be connected and select Start Point from the right click menu.

simran
6-Contributor

Oh i guess my question wasnt clear enough dear Kevin, what I am asking is, is there anyway for these section sketches to be placed inside the swept blend feature in the model tree instead of showing hem as external sketches?

dschenken
21-Topaz I

You can create a feature group that has all the feature compressed into one. You will have to expand the group to redefine any parts of it, but if you select it to modify, all the dimensions will be displayed.

It is always interesting to have a requirement for software to work in a way the software does not work.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

The sections in my example are within the swept blend.  The trajectory is not.

Capture.JPG

You can not restructure external sketches into a swept blend.  The sketches must be made within the swept blend tool to be within the feature.  The only way to get external sketches on the same "line" in the tree is to create a group for the swept blend feature.

simran
6-Contributor

Hi,

Kevin Dirth‌  can you please send e the solid model of the above screenshot you showed me? I just cant place my sketches on to the trajectory at required points even though my trajectory sketch consists of line that is divided at various points within a sketch. It just let me place start and and end section sketch and doesnt let me add more sections at points other than those two start and end points. 

simran
6-Contributor

Ok so what I have learned from online search and answers from this question, there is no way to make external sketches internal in the "swept blend" or "sweep feature" @?!

Thats too bad, as other modeling software like inventor places sketches inside the 'Loft" feature if we want it to.

simran
6-Contributor

Oh ok I get it now..Thank you so much Kevin Dirth‌ that really helped.

Top Tags