cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to move an entire pattern?

ptc-4314565
1-Newbie

How to move an entire pattern?

Hi all,

I've got another newbie question for ya. If I've got a hole pattern that's constrained a certain distance from edges of the part through which they are going, is there any way to avoid having to undo the pattern till you're down to the original hole, moving that hole, and then redoing the pattern? I've resigned myself to placing an axis, constraining my pattern to it, and then moving the axis when needed. However, I feel there should be a way to just move the pattern as I described originally. Any hints?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Sigh, disregard. Just found the answer in another thread. Should have looked harded before I asked

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4314565)

Maybe you can post a link to that thread so that if someone searches and find your topic they can find the answer you found.

Can't seem to find it anymore, but the answer is that you can open the pattern in the model tree and access individual features, including the original one that the pattern was made from. Been using ProE/Creo for over a year now and I just realized that . Ah well, better late than never!

Top Tags