cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

I NEED the ability to change the drawing parameters within a drawing file, from page to page

MarkLocher
1-Newbie

I NEED the ability to change the drawing parameters within a drawing file, from page to page

It is typical for our company to have "DRAWING" files over 100 pages.  Approx 60-80 of these pages have dimensioned graphics on them.  Some pages are extremely complex, some are just blown up details.  We struggle daily with trying to figure out how to detail these with only "ONE" arrow size, with only ONE leader length size, with only ONE drawing parameter file for all 100+ pages.

I also use many Microsoft products.  I see where PTC is following the new Microsoft GUI with the dashboard.  This is fine, I like it.  But please, copy more from Microsoft - such as being able to use more than one font in a paragraph, more than one locked set of parameters for an entire document.

PLEASE - Allow parameters to be changed on a PAGE by PAGE basis.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MarkLocher)

You may want to vote on your own idea....  

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MarkLocher)

You can use multiple fonts within a paragraph, not as easy as Word, but it is possible.

Page limited parameters would be hard to control and setup as it is all stored in a single file when done.

You can setup your own naming conevntion for parameters utilizing the sheet number as a suffix. Since noone knows how many sheets would be in the file, prepopulating parameters would be impossible.

Maybe the idea should be for PTC to add a column to the parameter table for sheet_dependent, like they have for restricted_parameters. If the sheet_dependent column is checked with only 1 sheet in the open file, then when subsequent sheets are added, new parameters are automatically added with the suffix incrementing to match the new sheet number.

Not trying to say you're doing things wrong, here is another way to think about your problem:

Have you considered breaking the content of the drawing up into different drawings each with it's own purpose?

Sometimes it's good to step back from a method and ask ourselves, does it really have to be done this way? If you have a system that allows different drawing numbers than part numbers this is possible.

- Jim

Top Tags