cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

If I am on Maintenance, Do I get CREO 1.0?

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

If I am on Maintenance, Do I get CREO 1.0?

This was never clear.

Existing Pro/ENGINEER customers who pay maintenance are probably wanting a straight answer. Does this mean that we will eventually move from CREO elements/pro to CREO 1.0 as part of our maintenance agreement?

It would only make sense to me for this to be true because I don't see PTC maintaining the old system. A natural upgrade to the new system is the only thing that makes sense to me if you care about your customers and who got you where you are at.

Any thoughts?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Yes! Creo is the evolution of Pro/ENGINEER. Active Maintenance Support customers using Pro/ENGINEER are already on the path to Creo. We are designing the new products with you in mind - our current active customers. Not only is upwards compatibility planned, but plans for additional new technology and new integrations will make your Pro/ENGINEER investment even more valuable. And, expect to see enhancments to your Maintenance Support program as we deliver new features and improved support tools throughout the coming year. So, welcome to Creo Elements/Pro !

Fantastic,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Does anyone know how the breakdown of modules will work when moving to CREO?

We have Pro/Manufacturing, Mechanica and REX for example.

Will these be migrated into the proper CREO Apps?

Damian,

This is on the PTC web page. http://www.ptc.com/products/creo/product-mappings/index.htm

It just maps the old name to the new "Creo" name for each Pro/E module, but in doing so I'm assuming it all carries over to when we start getting our license packs for Creo instead of Pro/Engineer.

Question is are all the Pro/Engineer functional sections immediately available when Creo element/Pro is released under Creo 1.0?

Erik

You are both on the right track. While it's still early yet, today we are operating under the Creo Elements product names for the current versions of your Pro/ENGINEER 5.0 products. As we get closer to the realization of the first Creo release, you will find updates to all of the mapping and module questions on ptc.com, subsequent customer communications and in future The Maintenance Minute email alerts (choose the link for the archives or to subscribe). Generally, think of Creo 1.0 as the next version of your Pro/ENGINEER core functionality and modules.
http://www.ptc.com/support/maintenance/newsletter-archive/index.htm

So what would a basic new seat of creo/pro, with basic 2D and 3D Direct capabilities cost? Today's list prices would = about $10K-$15K to start.

How much would it be to add basic 2D and 3D direct capabilities to an active seat of creo/pro?

What would be the additional yearly maintenance costs?

Joe

Stay tuned...this is an evolving story. Today we presented our vision. The pricing and packaging for Creo products will be presented as we get closer to the release of Creo 1.0. It's an exciting time to think about how our current products can be used to accomplish what you have outlined in your question and those products will become the "elements" of the Creo story in the not too distant future.

gvora
6-Contributor
(To:jwinokur)

James Winokur,

Gentleman,

I have my own Pro/E license and and my maintenance is paid. How can I add Creo Direct Modeling & Drafting to it?

Your early reply will be appreciated. Please have a sale person contact me.

Thanks.

Gautam Vora.

Top Tags