cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Image references

aminhas
12-Amethyst

Image references

Hello All,

I need to know is that possible to take accurate references of import image.

Kind regards,

ADNANshort chain.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:aminhas)

You can scale your imported image with the "fit" tool - you trace a line and then type in its "known" length:

example_image.png

Since you can zoom in to pixel level when setting this calibration line, the resulting scaling is as accurate as you can judge.

But you are going to be essentially tracing with sketches.  If you are looking for tools that analyze the bitmap image in order to extract regions-of-interest and find their endpoints and centers then I suggest ImageJ / Fiji.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
psobejko
12-Amethyst

You can scale your imported image with the "fit" tool - you trace a line and then type in its "known" length:

example_image.png

Since you can zoom in to pixel level when setting this calibration line, the resulting scaling is as accurate as you can judge.

But you are going to be essentially tracing with sketches.  If you are looking for tools that analyze the bitmap image in order to extract regions-of-interest and find their endpoints and centers then I suggest ImageJ / Fiji.

aminhas
12-Amethyst

Sir,

can I make 3d part of said image would you please make tutorial that would be very help full to me how to handle the image drawing or picture. 

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Paul's screen shot is from Creo 4. Creo 4 has enhancements for handling images on a drawing.

aminhas
12-Amethyst
(To:Chris3)

would you please make tutorial in Creo 4 fro said image?

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:Chris3)

FYI, I'm using Creo 3.  I'm pretty sure it's there in Creo 2 as well.  (I am talking about part-modeling mode; I don't know about images in drawings)

aminhas
12-Amethyst

Hello All,

please guide me what to next for 3d solid modellong.jpg?

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Well, now you can click "OK" and the image will be there, placed on whatever plane you chose.

Now start a sketch on that plane and trace over the image with with circles and lines.  You will be visually "fitting" your sketch entities to the pixels in the image, but that's as good as it gets...

aminhas
12-Amethyst
(To:psobejko)

Sir,

Yes you are right but i want 100% accuracy in die-mention same as pictures.

aminhas
12-Amethyst

Sketch.jpg

psobejko
12-Amethyst

It's impossible to get 100% accuracy.

Even harder when a bitmap image is the basis of your design

Top Tags