cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Importing parameters

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member

Importing parameters

Hi all

I know I may be asking a silly question, but how do I import a parameter structure into a model.

Basically I have created a set of Parameters and relations that do a lot of calculations.

Now I can save the relations to a txt file and import them without out a problem, but the Parameter structure that goes with the relations can be saved , but you can't re import them into another model.

I have to recreate each parameter exactly each time I reload into a new blank model, making sure it is typed in correctly.

Is there a way to import Parameters, or is this another thing to add to PTC wish list.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
nmalik
5-Regular Member
(To:Wheelsofsteel)

Record the creation of parameters as a mapkey

or

Add parameters into your start part

Could you throw up a couple of screen shots of what you have to do?

Is this for speeds and feeds?speeds.PNG

I would be interested in seeing what you are up to also. I have been toying with the Idea of using parameters and relations to set my speeds and feeds within my tool library according to the material I am cutting at the time and not just with the site file stuff. I just havent had the time to play with it right now.

What I have set up is a system for calculating speed, feeds, and program header infomation which takes gobal parameters from the part and the manufacturing assembly.

Assembly parameter table

parameter.JPG

Section of the relations

relations.JPG

Example of header generated

header.JPG

This also calculated the feedrate by setting a speed range letter, and each of the manufacturing parameters link to assembly parameters, we also take parameters from the part to calculate diameters for the speed calculation.

Th aim is to automate as much as possible.

it is the assembly parameter table which I woul like the ability to import, I can save it, just can't reload it.

The relations are fine, I actually have a dummy relation file loaded, with all the calc commented out, and when I am finished, load the activated file and regenerate the model, it works.

I have another post on here on how I generated the header.

Peter

1. Mapkey
  2. Parametrs in relations from file (Example: test_par = 20). But they will be locked.
  3. Modelchek
Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:ysinitsin)

I didn't think about setting up the parameters in relations.

It could be useful for fixed values that don't need to change, and would reduce the amount that I have to set up, I will have to give this a try, see just how much I can put into relations and still work.

As you pointed out, the Parameters would be locked, but most of them are already as they are being controlled by the relations, it is only a small hand full that require a user input.

I keep this thread updated as I go experimenting.

Thanks for the Idea

Peter

Top Tags