cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Improved editing functionality for model tolerances (linear_tol, angle_tol)

jwagh
17-Peridot

Improved editing functionality for model tolerances (linear_tol, angle_tol)

It would be nice to have improved editing functionality to part tolerances once a start part is created.

For instance, out current start part has default tolerances for X.X+-0.1 for inches. I wanted to create a fast start part for metric. The default tolerance we use in our drawing is X.X+-0.25. If I change the value in the part to 0.25, it rounds to 0.2, since there is only one decimal place set for X.X with the tolerance. The only way, according to support, is to create a blank part where the config option for linear_tol = 1 .25 2, where one decimal place will have a tolerance of .25 with two decimal places. But of course, I then have to redo the layers, views, datums, parameters etc. It would be great if there was a way, in model properties, to have advanced editing options for these tolerances.

In addition, I may not want to see the tolerance for 3 decimal places, for metric parts when tol_display is set to yes. It would also be great to have the option to show some of the tolerances or more than the default.

Edit 5/6/15 - Ability to search for these dimensions in the Search tool? Also, some way to use a mapkey to edit those values.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:jwagh)

I don't see why these aren't in the model properties window or at a minimum in the parameters like the mass properties.

Top Tags