cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Independant Geometry

gbrinton
1-Newbie

Independant Geometry

Hi,

Just moved up from Elements to CREO 2.O and I'm struggling with figuring out the independant geometry feature.

When in the assemly environment you could activate a part and then copy and paste surfaces from another component into it.

From there you could open the part, create 'Independant Geometry' feature and add the surfaces into the feature by using Edit Definition / Collapse Geometry / Select / Ok / Done.

I do not want to use the 'Publish Geometry' feature as in CREO 2 it looks like you can make the feature Independant or Not Independant. The problem here is that the dependancy can be switched on/off at any time, therefore there is always a link between the two components.

Any help much appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:gbrinton)

If Creo 2 is the same as Creo 1, then the Collapse Geometry feature is now in the Editing section of the Model tab in the ribbon. What you have to do now is copy some surfaces into your part and create an Independent Geometry feature as you would in Creo Elements/Pro, then complete the feature. Then in the model tree, select it as well as the features you want to collapse and choose Editing > Collapse Geometry.

I think the implementation in Creo Elements/Pro was much better.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:gbrinton)

Hello Guy,

the underlying collapse functionality actually hasn't changed much - only the approach in the UI changed.

Unfortunately - and I believe this is what David refers to - this means less guidance to avoid common mistakes, e.g. when the order of features is wrong or when you forget to select the target feature to collapse in.

See article CS59684 : How to use Collapse Geometry option available under Model > Editing in Creo Parametric

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags