cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Inheritance model won't work

jwikoff
1-Newbie

Inheritance model won't work

I am trying to create a model with an inheritance as the first feature after the base datums.  If I leave it as MERGE, it works fine.  If I change it to INHERITANCE, it fails.  I've attached the model I am trying to use for the inheritance.  I didn't try to vary any of the dimensions or make any other changes.  Just simply created the inheritance feature in a fresh empty model.  I tried with another part and it worked fine, so I don't think I am doing it wrong.  There must be an issue with the model but I don't know what it is.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion, guys.  As it turns out, since the model I was bringing in is sheetmetal, the new part has to be sheetmetal, too, but I left it as the default solid.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mburr
14-Alexandrite
(To:jwikoff)

I didn't download the model to look at it, but is the model accuracy different between the 2?  Often times, if a model has a specific value set in accuracy to regenerate, the inheritance will fail if the values do not match.  Just something to check.

-Matt

Thanks for the suggestion, guys.  As it turns out, since the model I was bringing in is sheetmetal, the new part has to be sheetmetal, too, but I left it as the default solid.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jwikoff)

John Wikoff

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct for those who may search on this in the future.

Top Tags