cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Interesting technique in Creo 2

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Interesting technique in Creo 2

I've been modeling some vacuum fixtures from 1966/67.

I started out with a datum curve, which I then revolved to get the metal part of the chuck.

One of these chucks was obviously not made to the print. The question on this part is which of two measurements should we use. Both are difficult to measure accurately . After modeling it one way, it was suggested the other measurement might be better.

If you are viewing a cross section of the part in model mode and you redefine the curve that generated the solid, you can see the both existing and new shapes at the same time. Quite useful.

If you are not viewing the section you only see the curve your editing... Which makes it difficult to tell what is changing.

[cid:image001.png@01CF0E0E.19BDBDB0]

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:davehaigh)

I am not sure if you are using the curve to parametrically change the geometry of the part.

>

Yes, I’m using the curve to parametrically change the geometry.

Because of the complex shape of some of the features on the chuck I first created a curve, and then used that as the profile to revolve my part. To change the part you edit the curve. Once you accept the changes to the curve the part updates.

On this part the sketch isn’t embedded in the revolve feature. Not how I normally work.

David Haigh
Top Tags