cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is it possible to create a copy geom which is IN WINDCHILL independent from the basis part?

mhergenhan
1-Newbie

Is it possible to create a copy geom which is IN WINDCHILL independent from the basis part?

I want to check in only the PRT with the copy geometrie.

By creating the copy geom, I deselected the option "dependent" but if I'm going to check in the copied prt, the basis prt will be cheched in too.

Is there an work around?

thx in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

By making it "Independent", you simply stop the copy geom from updating from the parent, the relationship still exists and Windchill will still want to track it.

In Creo 3 there are new options, "Automatic", "Manual" and "No Dependency".  If I understand them right (and I've not played with hem much), the first two correspond to the old "Dependent" and "Independent".  The third option may do what you want.  It seems that it breaks the external reference.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags