cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is it possible to create a flat pattern of a helical part in a sheet metal module of Creo Parametric?

Vladimir_G
1-Newbie

Is it possible to create a flat pattern of a helical part in a sheet metal module of Creo Parametric?

Hello, everyone!

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Vladimir.

helicalsweep.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried converting this part to sheetmetal, then creating a flat pattern to see?

If you don't want to do it on the original, save a copy as a different name, then attempt it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Have you tried converting this part to sheetmetal, then creating a flat pattern to see?

If you don't want to do it on the original, save a copy as a different name, then attempt it.

Hi Vladimir...

This is definitely possible. There's a thread on here from about 4 months back where we did something very similar. I'll look for the thread and see if I can post a link.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hello, Kris, Brian.

Thank you very much for your help!

At last I managed to do it.

Kris, you were right. I made a small change in the model so to get a linear edge in it, then I converted this model from a solid part to a sheet metal part (that is an interesting fact, because I initially made this part in a sheet metal module). When I were creating a flat pattern I chose this linear edge to fix it. The result is perfect. That is exactly what I want.

Kind regards, Vladimir.

answer.jpg

answer2.jpg

So glad I could help, Vladimir!

But keep in mind....you CANNOT convert back to a standard part.

Once you go sheetmetal, going back is unsuccessful!

Top Tags