cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there a way to open an .prt file in creo 2.0 that was saved on creo 3.0?

mteixeira
2-Guest

Is there a way to open an .prt file in creo 2.0 that was saved on creo 3.0?

Hello, i recently downloaded in my computer the student version of the CREO 3.0 M070 to make my university work... but the problem is that in the university there is only the 2.0 version and i wasn't able to open my .prt files in there, but i can open the files i make in there in my computer... So i'm a bit confused because i read that i couldn't open files in different versions even if it was from a lower version, but i did... Now i´m wondering if there is a way to open files that i make in CREO 3.0 in the 2.0 version?? Thanks for the help!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mteixeira)

A newer version can always read the older version file.

There is an optional plug-in that you can install that will allow an older version to load a newer version file. The new features come through like imported data and are no editable. You may also have issues with installing the plug-in on university owned computers, check with the class instructor. Check out this link for the plug-in.

GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER - PTC.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mteixeira)

A newer version can always read the older version file.

There is an optional plug-in that you can install that will allow an older version to load a newer version file. The new features come through like imported data and are no editable. You may also have issues with installing the plug-in on university owned computers, check with the class instructor. Check out this link for the plug-in.

GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER - PTC.com

Top Tags