cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is this a large assembly? You tell me.

DanMarotta
2-Guest

Is this a large assembly? You tell me.

Check out this rendering I just created in Pro/ENGINEER. How many parts does it take to be considered a large assembly?

assembly copy.png

What do you think? Have you created a large assembly? Small assembly? Share it with the community. Leave a comment too or rate my rendering below.

-Dan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I just completed an internal event on this topic. I do not think the number of components is the only factor in classifying an assembly as large. Here is our definition:

An assembly is a large assembly  if:

• The  sssembly uses a large assembly
  • It crashes  when opening on 32 bit workstation (memory limit exceeded)

An assembly might be a large assembly if:

• Regeneration or open time exceeds 2 minutes
  • Drawing  switch sheet time exceeds 1 minute
  • Memory  consumption approaches limits of 32 bit workstations (1.5 GB or 2.2 with 3GB switch)
  • It  contains components with complex geometry (helical sweeps)
  • It  contains a large number of components (exceeds 1000 dependents in  workspace)
Top Tags