cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Isometric Pictorials

lfuller
1-Newbie

Isometric Pictorials

Hi all,

I am trying to create some high quality isometric pictorials with all the dimensions shown. Everything is looking pretty good so far but when I save the part as a JPG, the lineweight of the edges and the dimensions is too light. Is there a setting I can change to make these lines thicker? The parts need to be displayed in Shaded with edges mode and I just recently upgraded to Creo 3.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:lfuller)

Two items -

One - try something besides JPEG. JPEG was developed for compression of continuous tone images, not bitmaps with sharp transitions. You will do better if you can save as PNG or TIFF.

Two - Photoshop or GIMP is your friend. You can select the edges in the image editor and then use the 'stroke' command to draw as wide a line as you like. Hopefully you have edges that are selectable by color, which makes the process easier, though I have found I can capture an HLR image and use that as an overlay to thicken the edge lines.

Top Tags