cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Just an Idea... Adding Regeneration Between Animation Frames

jacques-michelh
1-Newbie

Just an Idea... Adding Regeneration Between Animation Frames

Hi everyone!

What are you guys' thoughts on the implementation of model regeneration between animation frames and being able to make model parameters vary. This simple addition (or I think it would be) grants you to power to creat really cool illustrative animations! a simple exemple would be this:

complex spring animations

surface deformations

complex chain animations

All you would need to do is design you models according to a driving parameter. Then tell ProE to vary this parameter and regenerate the model in between each animation frames (Automaticly). This would be $##@!$ awesome!

Tell me what you think.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Somebody had the same exact thoughts about ten years ago. Check this out.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Parametric-CAD-Model-Animation/1914021

AutoIT (or some other external scripting) for all your animation needs.

In the past I used Excel to generate a custom training file, but I think AutoIT is better as it can be programmed to handle regeneration failures.

They definitely need to add this feature. The fact that there are so many tedious work-arounds to achieve a very simple component deformation animation shows that there is a strong desire for this feature, but very few tools to achieve it. With the addition of flexible components now, it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to allow the flexible dimension to update for each frame of an animation.

I believe the original idea was to do animation with rigid models, because it is much faster than regenerating models between frames (if some models need several minutes to regenerate for each frame, that may sum up to an awful long time).

But I agree, that when carefully used, such an option may in fact be useful and with modern computers the regeneration times should stay moderate.

However, it seems, Product Idea going into this direction have not got much support from the community yet:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/1079

Message was edited by: Gunter Koch (correcting link)

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:gkoch)

correct link

Animate dimensional changes using Animation Module

There are probably a few other ideas worded differently for the same functionality. Obviously it should be added to Mechanism playback as well.

In order to animate springs and other state dependent dimensional changes during an animation, regenerations would add a lot of power to this functionality. We can do photo-render between frames so performance hit for a regeneration is really no issue as long as it is an option.

Thank you Antonius!

It seems the links still get corrupted sometimes when editing (probably when switching to HTML mode)

But I finally managed to correct the link in my post now.

And I will make this link corruption a topic on our next internal meeting, after all it happens quite often.

Gunter

Top Tags